Thursday, August 23, 2007

For the Longest Time

That's how long we played one game of Phase 10... for the longest time... We started this wonderful game at around 8:30 Saturday night.... after playing for about 2 hours, I needed to leave and get some sleep as the next day was Sunday, and thus Sunday school. Well, after all the goings on Sunday morning, as well as lunch, we continued our game. Still this game really didn't go any quicker this time either. We had fun playing, and eventually William won, but it was definitely the longest game of cards I have ever played, you can tell by our score sheet.



Sunday there was also a new experience for me, not for everyone else, but a return to something they really liked. It's a little shop in Peachtree City, known as Rita's. Their product... Italian ice and frozen custard. This was my first time eating frozen custard, and I must say it was great!! So great in fact, that I needed to go into Peachtree City for something on Tuesday, and I made a quick stop to Rita's again. Both times I had vanilla and strawberry swirl in a waffle cone.




Not too long after the swimming and games on Sunday, all the kids were getting ready for bed, so everyone was kind of busy, so I took the opportunity to go outside, walk around a bit, think a little, and snap some pictures. It was actually quite amusing when I first went out there, all the chickens just started following me around... it was actually pretty funny, this whole herd of chickens just following behind.




After a few pictures, I decided to take advantage of Ede's swing over on one of the trees. I just sat there for a bit, swinging a little, and just contemplating different things. =) It was actually quite relaxing. William came out after a little while, and started playing with Ruben (the dog) and was having a lot of fun, so I got one picture of them just before heading back inside.




The next big event was yesterday. We celebrated Faith's birthday.




She most defiantly had a good time, and even got some beautiful flowers!




The night started with pizza, and ended with coffee and cake...mmmmm.....

1 Corinthians 13:13 "And now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love."

No comments: