Friday, March 16, 2007

Different

Well, as you can see, I changed around my blog a little bit. Made it more fitting to my current mood =P Actually the background and everything just fit the top picture better, so that is really the description of my life. Whizzing by at unfathomable speed. A few things are stationary, but the majority is there for a second and then gone! It truly is a fast paced life at times, and I can't always account for where it all goes.

Like the cars whizzing by, so are the thoughts of my everyday experiences. I believe in just 5 minutes I can, uncommonly to most people, think about 50 different things, or angles of a given situation. Sometimes this is useful, it works out well for my job, which much of it is problem solving. Other times it can just be a pain in the butt! Wondering about the present and the future, and if I stay on something too long the risk of it turning from wonder to worry, and that's not where I want to go!!

Recently some of my thought have been about where I am in God's eyes. Am I living the way He would want me to? Do all of my thoughts, actions, and words show forth His glory? What ways can I minister to people that I am now neglecting?

I know that right now God has put a great desire in me to encourage Godly fathers in our community. What is it that our churches, and our nation is made up of? .....Families!!! It is my opinion that many of the problems arising in these places today is because of the lack of leadership in our homes. Though I am young, and inexperienced in the area, still, I have a burden to encourage fathers to become strong leaders in their homes, which is part of the reason I am attending the "Dad's Conference" in April, so that I can learn more ways to be an encouragement. The other reason I'm going up there is because one day I hope to be a father as well, and when that day comes I want to be the best father, husband, and leader in the home that I can be.

So... you may agree with me, and you may not, whatever the case is, please do pray for me!

Malachi 4:6a "And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers..."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I KNOW WHO HOLDS TOMORROW

I don’t know about tomorrow,
I just live from day to day.
I don’t borrow from its sunshine,
For its skies may turn to gray.
I don’t worry o’er the future,
For I know what Jesus said,
And today I’ll walk beside Him,
For He knows what is ahead.

Every step is getting brighter,
As the golden stairs I climb;
Every burden’s getting lighter;
Every cloud is silver lined.
There the sun is always shining,
There no tear will dim the eye,
At the ending of the rainbow,
Where the mountains touch the sky.

I don’t know about tomorrow,
It may bring me poverty;
But the one who feeds the sparrow,
Is the one who stands by me.
And the path that be my portion,
May be through the flame or flood,
But His presence goes before me,
And I’m covered with His blood.

Many things about tomorrow,
I don’t seem to understand;
But I know who holds tomorrow,
And I know who holds my hand.